Tuesday 14 February 2017

Mini-update mid-February - Big Year 2017

Hi readers! 

It's been a little while since I last posted because I have been travelling nearly non-stop! Since mid January I have been to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland for a week and a half, Thunder Bay and Cochrane Districts, and Algonquin Park for a whole bunch of high quality birding! 

I believe my Ontario year list is at about 115 species as of today, and I've seen nearly all of the expected specialty winter species! I've met some great people in my travels, and shared some great time with good friends. Expect to see a few blog posts soon about my adventures in the last few weeks! 

In the mean time, good birding, and if you'd like to help me out please consider sharing sightings with me of rarities that are not publicized. Like with the many owls species I have seen this year, I will not let people know about birds hidden on private property that home owners prefer to keep private, nor will I publicize the locations of any sensitive species. A successful Big Year is a team effort, and I greatly appreciate the support that my friends and acquaintances have been sending my way! Thanks again, and I'll be posting again soon!

Jeremy




4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you got up to Algonquin! It's a really good spot to get most (if not all) the winter finches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice break on my way home, and believe it or not, that was my first time ever seeing Red Crossbills! I've been specifically holding out knowing I'd see them this year. I think I saw your name on an eBird alert or the sightings book at Algonquin from recently?

      Wow what a crazy trip over the last week!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete